This study is meant to help artists to understand the behavior of reflections by curved surfaces. In this step primitive bodies are placed in a generic environment with the following background image:
- “RED” Horizont with indicators of the direction by N/O/S/W
- “Blue” Sky region. Here the altitude of the sky is shown by different values of blue. The darker the blue the higher the sky position.
- “Brown” Ground region. The distance is given by different values. The darker the closer.
- “PINK” top point. The pink line becomes a pink point in the environment mapping. It indicates the position of the sky which is directly above the camera.
- “GREEN” standing position. The green line becomes a green point in the environment map. This points indicates the position under the viewers feet.
In this study different reflecting primitive shapes are shown in the following gallery.
- Torus (Donut)
- Round-Corner Box